Monday, May 19, 2014

Internal affairs


"If you are connected to your own internal being, it is very hard to be screwing and destroying and hurting another human being, because you'll be feeling what they're feeling..."
-Eve Ensler

In this world, it's easy to feel alone. In fact, sometimes, I feel left out, thrown aside, forgotten, and hurt. And these words aren't just emotions that run through my body whenever I'm alone; they've become a part of me and now, they have started to manifest. In this world, it's hard to find a friend. Someone who will always be there and someone who will wipe my every tears. You know that someone? They are magical and they appear at the snap of your fingers and in the blink of an eye. That someone is desired and truly yearned for. 
                     And as I stare out my bedroom window, I dream of a world that is perfect in form. Perfect in creation without confusion or harm. I think of a life, a life without hate. One in which we all love and appreciate. In this world, I've become tainted. By all this crime and all this hatred. It has finally affected what I thought couldn't be, it has mischievously reached out and touched the internal me.
And yet I refuse to forget who I am. A girl with a vision and a woman with a plan. I will fight this battle for as long as I live and continue to love, laugh, and live.

No comments:

Post a Comment